Appearance is more than just good looks.
3 Things to Do:
- Keep your hands and fingernails well-groomed. (Hands were reported as the most noticed feature on the opposite gender.)
- Always have fresh breath.
- Wear clothes that fit.
3 Things NOT to Do:
- Never wear wrinkled clothes.
- Avoid trying out the latest trend.
- Do not wear worn out or scuffed shoes. (Shoes were the second most noticed feature about a person’s appearance.)
Checklist for Women:
- Skirts should be knee length
- No bra straps showing
- No tube tops, halter tops, or spaghettis straps unless a jacket is worn over them at ALL times
- Keep make up neutral
- Closed-toe shoes are preferred over open-toed shoes
Checklist for Men:
- Make sure your shoes match your belt
- When using a tie, make sure it is properly and evenly tied
- Never wear white socks to work
- Do not wear wrinkled shirts, slacks or suits
In the Spirit of Success,
Amanda Johns Vaden
Corporate Partner and Program Director