Step 2: Automate It – Technology (see last week’s blog)
Step 3: Build a relationship – Be Creative
- Alternate business contact with personal contact
- Keep in touch on personal level as much as you do on a business level
- i. Holidays: Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Valentine’s Day, Happy New Year
- Be a holiday that other people don’t keep in touch (ie Thanksgiving or Valentines)
- Add past clients to this list as well.
- ii. Birthdays:
- keep track of your clients (or top clients) birthday and send cards or ecards
- i. Press Releases or News Articles. A press release is primarily sent to the media in hopes of getting them to write about or feature your company or product. Because a press release contains new or newsworthy information, it’s also appropriate to send to prospects.
- ii. Company Newsletters And Tip Sheets. The purpose of a company newsletter or tip sheet is to provide information about a company or its products. When used most effectively, these communication vehicles contain valuable information that a prospect may find helpful.
- iii. Sales Brochures. As your company grows, you will create new sales brochures. Sending a sales brochure will inform your old prospects about your new products, product improvements, and new features.
- iv. Promotions. Anytime that your company is running a product special or incentive you should let all of your clients know in advance so they don’t miss out on an opportunity to save money.
Be creative – Create your own USP
- Creative reminder pieces
- Useful materials that people will actually use
i. Calendar magnets, business card magnets, pens, notepads, desktop calendars, office supplies
- Vista print, Oriental Trading Company, Hobby Lobby, promotional companies…
- Use Creative packaging
- Colored packaging, colored writing, printed envelopes, unusual sizes and shapes
- Have Personalized materials
- Return Address Stamps, envelopes, stationary, note cards, thank you cards, postcards
i. These can be used as mailers, gifts or leave behinds for the office